Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back after a spell - Status Update

Greetings all,

It has been about a month. I thought it was time for a status update, and also to get active here again with some blogging. I think blogging is a bit like radio broadcasting. Some broadcasters receive great amounts of feedback, others receive much much less.

When I was much younger I use to have a late show on my university’s radio network. Sometimes, when speaking into the mic, in an empty room, in the dead of night, I would wonder if there was anyone listening. Occasionally I’d get a phone call, but often it was the same person calling. Perhaps they were lonely, or perhaps they really enjoyed listening to my words, and the music I played. It was a strange ironic sensation of being exposed and isolated at the same instant.

Blogging is like that I think. Although I am a fairly certain that the readership of this blog is rather more than those who were my faithful listeners back on radio-u, I believe that it is still a rather limited group. Which is fine. I am really not that interested in consorting with that slut known as Fame. My sluts are far superior to anything she can offer.

Still, when I look at other blogs, those with much larger readership than mine, I can’t help but wonder at the topics that so many people seem to find so much interest in, and which interest me not at all. It makes me feel like an outsider at times. Happily, this thought does not discontent me.

IAE, I have been writing a great deal on FetLife as of late. Mostly in response to questions asked in a variety of threads. I have found that the questions and/or comments of others seems to motivate me to respond. More so than trying to develop new essays for my blog. While I still intend to keep my blog going, it is clear to me that, at least for the moment, I have been devoting much more of my writing time to FetLife. However, as I mentioned at the beginning, I am going to try and spend more time here over the next little while.

Speaking of writing, I have been a bit frustrated recently with my lack of fictional writing. It is not for lack of material though. I have at least 3 stories in various stages of completion, and ideas for at least two or three more. It would be easy to say that I simply haven’t had the time, but that would not be the truth. I just haven’t been doing it. Writer’s block? Somehow I don’t think so. I know what needs to be written. It is simply a question of doing it. Hopefully I will feel like doing it again rsn.

Still, even older stories can serve a purpose. I recently submitted some of my older stories to an editor looking for material for a print anthology. Too soon to get any response. We will see what happens.

sandra has mentioned to me on more than one occasion that she thinks it would be a great idea if I put all of my fictional and non-fictional material into a single printed volume. A couple of other people have agreed with her. While the thought of having “The collected writings of Mackenzie Cross” does stroke my ego, I don’t have the foggiest notion how one would even go about doing such a thing. Happily, it appears that there are a few people out there who are willing to lend some support. I will provide updates as things of significance occur.

While the spring ski season is upon us, my (other) work has picked up lately and I will probably be missing most of it. Too bad, but I could use the work. Besides, last year was one of the most amazing spring ski seasons ever, so an off year now does not bother me too much.

I have also been toying with the idea of building some BDSM-themed furniture. While I have built some simple tools like a spreader bar, etc, I want to try my hand at something more significant. I have decided that a cage would be a good thing to start with. I have been evaluating different plans and will probably get started once my current weeks on the road come to an end. I wish the cage to be functional, but also pleasing to look at, since I will be keeping it in my room.

It is good to have projects.

Be seeing you,

No comments:

Cross Purposes via RSS. Subscribe now!

Lijit Search