Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Helping a woman understand herself

Greetings all,

I was asked an interesting question today in an email. I thought I would share it, and my reply.

-----

> So, the first question to answer is, how to best help a
> woman understand
> herself??

This is not a new question for me. I have thought about it for more than a few years.

As I see it, this is a complex problem. One must wait until she asks to be helped, to do otherwise would be non-consensual. She will only ask if she perceives she can be helped by another. She will only gain this perception via research. And she will only do this research if she feels something is wrong, and is willing to look backward, past her decades of social conditioning to her primal genetic nature. Preventing her from seeing through the curtain of culturally created attitudes are a massive of array of "supporters" who will collectively do their best to prevent her from looking at her nature. Psychiatrists who will diagnose her sense of malaise as anything from depression to bi-polar. Feminists who will vilify her as a traitoress slut. Marketers who create all manner of consumable (and often addictive) products and services to temporarily quench her natural cravings. Friends who will counsel and advise her against such explorations (many of the submissives I know are still embarrassed and ashamed to admit to their closest vanilla friends what their nature truly is. Very very few have come out of their cages).

Not to mention most of the men in her life, who in most cases have suffered as well at the hands of the same cultural conditioning and who have therefore, for the most part, have forgotten their own nature.

In the final analysis, I have no answer to your question. The only answer I do have, would require an environment that would tolerate a non-consensual interaction model, and clearly that won't fly so I will not share it.

But if you ever do find out the answer, I would be most appreciative if you would share it with me.



Be seeing you,

No comments:

Cross Purposes via RSS. Subscribe now!

Lijit Search