Saturday, March 8, 2008

Creativity and arousal

Greetings all,

Is there a link between creativity and arousal? Actually the name of this section was going to be called “Creativity and the c**t” but I decide to try and keep it a bit cleaner.

I think that on the surface one would have to say yes, there is mostly certainly a linkage. After all, lovers, poets, musicians, artists, etc, having been creating works of art for as long as there has been love (which is quite a long time). When asked what inspired them, all will refer to the muse of their lover as there source of motivation.

End of story?

Well, perhaps not. Since this blog is mostly interested in D/s as opposed to more mundane forms of relationships it seems only fair that I examine the question from the perspective of those who may be involved in a D/s relationship, or perhaps longing to be in one.

As a dominant, I can pretty much state categorically that my creativity has been sparked by those females who I have had an opportunity to share some time with, in either a formal relationship or even in an occasional informal session. I find that I am always trying to come up with new ideas to keep things fresh and exciting. Curiously, different women affect me different ways. By this I mean that I rarely will use the techniques I develop for one submissive, on another. Sure, there are certain standard things that I would tend to try on all of them, but once I understand their needs better I tend to want to tailor what I do as more of a custom fit. One size does not fit all.

Also, I have noticed that the videos of famous sadist such as pd from Insex fame show amazing originality. The fellow has worked hundreds of models and yet he found something new to do with each one. Clearly, his creativity was sparked by his arousal to place these women under his hand.

But what about the submissive female? Would the same thing apply to her? After all, she is not the one who designs the scenes, builds the equipment, or decides what is going to happen to her? How can she be creative?

I would submit that her arousal can spark her to great creativity. It may come out as an artistic endevour, such as writing or painting. But it may also come out as finding new ways to please her dominant partner. Once she learns enough about him to judge how he will react, the well-developed submissive seeks new ways to be pleasing. She may modify her behavior a bit in a way that she hopes he will find more attractive. She may perform certain chores, even before he has requested them, in an attempt to create a more pleasing environment for him. She will start seeking new ways to comport herself, to present herself, in her dress, her makeup, etc. I have known girls to spend hours posing in front of a mirror, trying on different outfits, seeing what works and what does not. Vanity? Not at all. Rather the legitimate attempt at being more creative and by doing so, being more pleasing.

Of course, sometimes she makes a mistake. Sometimes she does something, with the best of intent, only to discover (too late) that it did not please him at all, quite the opposite. So there is always a danger of error, and possibly punishment as well. But the well-developed submissive accepts this as part of the ongoing process of becoming better suited to satisfying her partners needs. There is nothing wrong with occasional error. Not learning from ones mistakes is a problem.

So yes, I think there is a link between arousal and creativity, and further I think it has special significance inside the D/s lifestyle relationship.

Now go out there and get creative.

Be seeing you,

2 comments:

Seneca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mackenzie Cross said...

Greetings seneca,

Yes, I can appreciate why it might be difficult to get anything accomplished while in a constant state of arousal. OTOH - the arousal often acts as a muse for creativity. A balance must be found.

Perhaps more than a few recreational breaks during the creative process?

Be seeing you,

Cross Purposes via RSS. Subscribe now!

Lijit Search