Sunday, August 3, 2008

Shibari - Personal Pics

Greetings all,

I enjoy shibari very much. I am still learning but I thought I would share some of my favourite shots. All of these pictures were taken by myself at different sessions, with different girls, over the last few years.

Here is a very early one, hardly shibari at all, but I find it quite evocative.



Next here is a shot of my second attempt at a suspension. It is rather obvious that I need a backdrop! Still, I was pleased with the results.



Here is my first attempt at binding two girls at once. This proved to be quite an interesting experience, for a variety of reasons.



During a session, it is possible to zone in on a single part of the experience which becomes quite intense. Here is a photo which I think illustrates such a moment.




Of course, shibari is also about the aftermath. Often, the most meaningful part of a session is at the end, when the female is released from the ropes bindings. Here is a shot which I think illustrates this point.


I will be attending a workshop by Lew Rubens later this week. Lew is a rather famous rigger and while his style is not shibari he does wonderful work and also is well known for his suspension work.

Be seeing you,

No comments:

Cross Purposes via RSS. Subscribe now!

Lijit Search