Monday, February 4, 2008

Starting off

Greetings all,

It is interesting how things work out. Sometimes, when you are not quite sure what you should do, something will happen to give you direction.

I had been struggling on how best to start this blog then about two days ago I received a short email from a young man in his early twenties who was seeking some advice. He had read some of my fiction, and one of my non-fiction pieces, and wanted to read more. My first reaction was to simply package up all of my essays and send them to him. But, as I gave this some thought I realized that this was not the best of ideas.

The ideas and concepts of D/s relationships are powerful and transformative. I have never met anyone who has not gone through a signficant number of personal life transforming events after being introduced to the topic of domination and submission (D/s).

Here is what I wrote him back in response to his request for my writings:

I shall, but only on one condition. The knowledge I
shall be giving you, is a form of power. With power
comes responsibility. A man with power, who is not
responsible, is a danger to himself and others. To my
way of thinking, at the very core of dominance, is
self control. You are young, and self control is not
considered a normal attribute of the young. Before I
send you my writings, I require that you agree that
you will not act upon it without speaking to me first.

Do you agree? Think carefully. The keeping
of an agreement between men is a very serious thing to
me. I hope it is to you as well.
Today, I realized that not only would this advice be useful to the young man, but to any man who is just beginning to explore his own personal power and dominance. Self-control is at the very root of the responsible dominant. If you are not willing to be responsible, to be held accountable for your actions, to maintain control when provoked, and to not give in to impulsive behavior, then you should not be reading this blog. It is not for you.

OTOH - if you, like me, are able to keep control of yourself and more, you suspect you may be dominant in nature then I welcome you. While we may never be friends, I hope we will come to respect each other, and learn from each other.

And for you submissives out there, and in particular female submissives, do not worry too much. I am sure you will find something here to interest you as well.

No comments:

Cross Purposes via RSS. Subscribe now!

Lijit Search