Friday, February 22, 2008

Provoking the submissive response

Greetings all,

Someone wrote to me asking about how I provoke the submissive response. Good question, but not an easy answer. Before I tell you how I responded, it is probably a good idea to discuss and define the "submissive response."

Ask any experienced submissive and she will understand the idea of having her submissive response provoked. It is a feeling in the pit of the stomach, in the mind, and also in the cunt. It can manifest as a desire to kneel at a man's feet, or a desire to serve, or the heat of arousal. But it would be incorrect to say that the submissive response is nothing more than finding someone who turns you on. The submissive response speaks to the nature of the person. It is about energy flow, and a sense of exhilaration in being in the presence of someone who matches your own power.

Strangely, the dominant may not even be aware that this is going on. Many of the girls I have mentored/trained speak about meeting men who are not in the scene, who have no idea about the concepts of D/s, and who frankly have little interest in learning. Yet they are dominant in nature and just being close to them is often enough to provoke the response.

You will note that I have been speaking of experienced submissives. The unexperienced submissive is a very different sort of thing. Without an understanding of the process, she may create defensive walls around her so she does not have to display her desire. Or, she may wonder why some men seem to attract her powerfully, without being able to see the commonality between them. This may lead her to making ill-considered choices in terms of her partners. Yet, once she has really had her submission provoked for the first time, sensed its intensity, and understands what is happening, she is in a much better position to understand the dynamics of interactions with the various men she may meet.

Is it possible for a dominant to deliberately provoked this response in a female? Yes it is. Here is what I wrote in response to the question:

In general, there are no easy answers because there is
nothing I can point to and say - "do this"

What I can say is that it is a mixture of confidence,
arrogance, intelligence, command and sexuality.
Perhaps, most importantly, is making the woman aware
of who is in charge sexually, and by this I mean
waiting until she pleads for it. If you let a woman
know that you are hungry for her, then it will be
difficult to control her.

It is in eye contact, the way she is touched, the way
she is spoken to. It is many things, yet nothing that
I can say definitively since my techniques vary from
female to female. Yet, I also seem to have an almost
instinctual feeling for what will work. I am sorry
that I can not be more precise.
Peter Masters in his "Control Book" talks at length about this process. I would make it required reading for any new dominant. Of course I am speaking of doing this sort of thing deliberately, which as I mentioned is not always the case. Sometimes, it is as simple as the right two people, matched in energy and power, to be physically close to each other.

Be seeing you,

No comments:

Cross Purposes via RSS. Subscribe now!

Lijit Search